It's very important to store our mobile numbers. If once those are lost, it's very hard to manage those all. Mobile numbers can be lost for several reasons. One can lose those for factory resetting, flashing or updating phone without making backup of phonebook. On the other hand if you ever forget to take your phone outside with you, online backup may help you find your necessary phone number. Now let's see how we can store or backup phone numbers on web.
To store or backup phonebook on web, you'll need to synchronize your phonebook with web. There are several websites those provides phonebook synchronizing service. Facebook, google, pleex etc are like some examples. Among these, I've found google sync as the most convenient way of synchronizing contacts. Here I'll describe how to configure Google Sync on phone.
- Internet and syncml enabled mobile phone
- A Gmail ID
Now configure your phone using following information:
- Give a name of your synchronization account. Usually 'Google sync' is used.
- Use https://m.google.com/syncml as server address.
- Use your own gmail ID and password on 'Username' and 'Password' field.
- Use your active internet profile on 'Connection' field and then click the check box of contacts in 'Application' Field.
- Write 'contacts' in 'contact database' of 'Application setting'
- Leave other fields unchanged. You may set 'Synchronization interval' as your wish.
Now synchronize all your contacts with your google account and enjoy managing your contacts from anywhere and any computing device with the help of internet.